The Sunrise Health Region offers a complete Physical and Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation program. Highly trained, licensed physical and/or occupational therapists assess each client and identify areas of need. The following services are provided:
Physical and occupational therapists provide a continuum of care from acute onset to functional recovery with clients who are:
- Neurologically impaired
- Acute respiratory and COPD
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation- A complete range of physical and occupational therapy is provided for patients recovering from orthopedic surgery, fractures, muscle strains and sprains. Hand therapy with splinting, post-op hip and knee classes, back classes, and upper extremity lymphedema services are also available.
- Adult speech and Language Pathology Services- Services are provided to clients at Cornerstone Therapies with consultation throughout the region. Telehealth is an important aspect of delivering consultation services to clients outside of Yorkton.
- Adult Neurological Rehabilitation- physical and occupational therapy for clients with stroke, multiple sclerosis, etc. are seen on an outpatient basis.
WCB or SGI insured claimants should be directed to private therapy services.
The Cornerstone Therapy Department serves as the home base for regional Therapy Services in the Sunrise Health Region. Referrals received at Cornerstone Therapies will be distributed to the appropriate occupational or physical therapy service in the outlying areas. Cornerstone Therapies telephone: 306-786-0178 Fax: 306-786-0179
- Community – based occupational therapists consult in all 13 long term care facilities. Occupational therapy consultation in long term care homes typically occurs once a month.
- Community-based occupational therapists conduct home assessments throughout the Sunrise Health Region.
A team of physical and occupational therapists provide services in the health care facilities throughout the Sunrise Health Region. The level of service varies with the size of the community and the availability of the therapist (Services subject to change). The following is a list of facilities that house Therapy departments:
- Canora Hospital- Physical therapy 2 days per week, occupational therapy one day per week. Telephone: 306-563-1252; Fax: 306-563-1251 (phone and fax number will change to the Canora Medical Clinic number late fall 2015)
- Esterhazy St. Anthony’s Hospital- Physical therapy 4 days a week, occupational therapy two days a month. Telephone; 306-745-3244; Fax: 306-745-3207
- Foam Lake Health Center- Physical Therapy outpatients once every 2 weeks. Occupational therapy as consulted. Referrals accepted through Cornerstone Therapies. Phone: 306-786-0178; Fax: 306-786-0179.
- Ituna and District Health Center- Occupational Therapy 1 day a month. Referrals received through Melville. Telephone: 306-728-7320; Fax: 306-728-4925
- Kamsack Hospital- Physical Therapy 2-3 days a week, occupational therapy one day a week. Telephone: 306-542-2552; Fax: 306-542-4360
- Langenburg Health Care Complex- Physical Therapy one day a week, occupational therapy one day a month. Referrals accepted through Esterhazy. Phone: 306-745-3244; Fax: 306-745-3207
- Melville St. Peter’s Hospital- Physical Therapy 5 days a week, occupational therapy 3-4 days a week. Telephone: 306-728-7320; Fax: 306-728-4925
- Preeceville Hospital- Physical Therapy 4-5 days per week, occupational therapy as consulted. Phone: 306-547-2110; Fax: 306-547-2092
Program Beds - Inpatient Services at Yorkton & District Nursing Home
- Located in Jowsey House, 5 prgram beds are accessed for clients requiring more intensive rehabilitation or nursing care in order to return home after an acute episode (such as following surgery or a hip fracture). Clients receive physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology as required.
Consultative adult speech language pathology services are also available.
For more information contact:
Director of Therapies
Yorkton District Nursing Home
200 Bradbrooke Drive
Yorkton, SK S3N 2K5
Telephone: (306) 786-0178 Fax:(306) 786-0179
Pelvic Floor Informational Video - Link
Spalding Orthopedic Design Inc - Bi-weekly clinics held in Yorkton
105 Main Street,
Rouleau, SK S0G 4H0
Bus: (306)537-5932 Fax: (306)776-2436
Toll Free: 1-844-776-2450
Wascana Rehabilitation Centre
Regina SK S4S 0A5
Sask Abilities Council in Saskatoon Orthopaedics
2310 Louise Ave
Saskatoon SK S7J 2C7
Nelson's Sports Bracing & Orthotics Ltd
506 Lauriston St
Saskatoon SK S7K 0R5
Make a Referral
Back to Therapies Page
200 Bradbrooke Dr
Community Preeceville Physio
Foam Lake Health Centre
Foam Lake SK
Ph: 272-3283 ext.6
Community Physio Esterhazy
St. Peter’s Hospital